100 Of 261: 6 Ways To Know If You're WinningDec 22, 2022
I'm going to ask you a question with an obvious answer.
When is the best time to check the score during any game?
Answer: While you're in the game.
Checking the score helps us know if we're winning and gives us cues to adjust when we aren't.
One of the foundational tools I teach leadership teams is how to build a Scoreboard.
Here's six tips that will help you clarify yours.
- Start measuring and reviewing on a weekly basis (in your Weekly Sync).
- Clear owner—updates scoreboard and drives the outcomes.
- Tied back to the KPIs of the core functions in your Org Chart.
- 1 metric tied to the long-term goals or Destination.
- 1 metric tied to what drives your company's economic engine.
- Remember, great metrics tell us what will happen, not what happened.
(Sent out Tuesday, May 24, 2022)
As you know, a TON of challenges exist in leadership. Whether you're looking for solutions, or just want reminders, join The 261 newsletter for thoughts, actions, and tips on how to lead and manage well – 261 business days a year.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.